Daeshin University Korean Language Education Course
Facts and Figures
Name of the university: DAESHIN UNIVERSITY
Name of the university in Korean: 대신대학교
Type: Private University
Undergraduate and Graduate Students: 1,066+
Founded: 1954 in Daegu-si, South Korea
Campus: 45,018㎡ and just 4km from the border of Daegu City
Address: 33 Gyeongcheong-ro 222-gil, Gyeongsan-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea 38649
– Daeshin University is located in Daegu Metropolitan City area, the third largest city in Korea.
– Daeshin University has developed the quality and reputation of higher education for 50 years and has now continues to develop.
– Daeshin University is a private university located in Gyeongsan-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea.
– The campus is located in Baekcheon-dong, Gyeongsan-si, about 4 km from the Daegu city border.
– The campus area is over 45,018 square meters.
– Each year, the university implements a scholarship policy to support students.
– Daeshin University is considered the most preferred educational environment for international students studying Korean Language.
– Mr. Ha Iho, Director of International Exchange Education Institute at Daeshin University, said, “Daeshin University is a university that many international students, especially Vietnamese students, are very satisfied with.”
– Daeshin University strives to achieve a high employment rate for its graduates.
– Dedicated faculty for each department, support for employment linkage suitable for prospective graduates and new graduates
– Daeshin University focuses on investing in facilities with modern and advanced equipment systems.
– Daegu Metropolitan City area is an important economic center and has many universities and colleges.
– Daegu-si and Gyeongsan-si have convenient transportation systems such as buses, subways, trains, and international airports.
– On campus, there are ATM services, postal services, courier service, and student cafeterias, as well as banks, cafes, and restaurants where you can transfer and exchange money nearby.
Korean Language Course
International Exchange and Education Institute (IEEI) provides Korean Language Education for foreigners for their lives and studies. As with various local partner institutions, the education courses are designed to help students to learn Korean language and culture successfully.
Korean Language Education course provides four semesters in a year and runs for 10 weeks (over 150 hours) per semester. The class is five days in a week and provides Korean culture experience, life adjustment education, special lecture for TOPIK and etc.
|Semester||Education Period||Education Hours||Note|
|Spring||2023.Mar.20~2023.May.31||150 hours (6hours * 5days * 5weeks)|
|Summer||2023.June.19~2023.Aug.25||150 hours (3hours * 5days * 10weeks)|
|Fall||2023 Sep.11~2023.Nov.23||150 hours (3hours * 5days * 10weeks)|
|Winter||2023.Dec.11~2024.Feb.22||150 hours (3hours * 5days * 10weeks)|
2) Education Contents
|Korean Language Course Class Schedule||First Class||09:00~10:00||Reading/Writing: Various Korean lives|
|Second Class||10:00~11:00||Listening/Speaking: Correct the accent, speed and pronunciation|
|Third Class||11:00~12:00||Grammar: Apply through vocabulary and grammar lessons|
3) Admission requirements
– A person who have clear plan for learning Korean
– A person who have enough academic ability
– A person who have enough money to pay the study expenses (Certificate of deposit amount, Parents Certificate of Employment and annual income)
– A person with no problem to come and study in Korea
|Tuition(1year)||Insurance and materials||Total|
|3,600,000 KRW||1,300,000 KRW||4,900,000 KRW|
– Daeshin University operates various scholarship programs to support and motivate students to focus on their studies.
– Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate excellent academic performance and meet the requirements and performance criteria.
– Scholarship is assessed based on each student’s academic performance.
Undergraduate degree program
University admissions are in March and September.
|Areas of Study||– Department of Theology
– Department of Social Welfare
– Faculty of English & Counseling
– Department of church & Applied Music
– Department of Missionary Studies
– Beauty major
|Undergraduate tuition||3,130,000 KRW (2023)
– Students feel comfortable, safe and relaxed in their home when students are living and learning in Daegu Metropolitan City area.
– Furnished studio apartment is provided, and students live freely, comfortably, and flexibility.
– Included Self-catering accommodation, double occupancy, fully furnished studio apartments.
– Price per month: 200,000 KRW (Approximately 150 USD or 3,580,000 VND)
– 6 months fee and deposit required
School bus service
Daeshin University operates a 45-passenger school bus free of charge during the semester.